There is a lot to love at the Ridgefield Library -- from our wonderful collections to our extraordinary services and
expert staff. You can see amazing statistics about all of our great offerings in this Annual Appeal booklet.
Thanks to the generous support of our donors and patrons, the Ridgefield Library is a standout community destination
and the place where people come to read, discover, question, connect and thrive.
This year, we are particularly proud of our programming, which included our second RidgeCon, the Full STEAM Ahead
Symposium co-presented with the Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum, the Skills Box: Tools for Business Success Series, our
Summer Reading programs for people of all ages, ARTalks, Author Talks, Ridgefield Folk series, the Books Building Bridges
intergenerational reading initiative, the Parenting the Selfie Generation: Instilling Resilience speaker series collaboration,
our Making STEAM series, book groups, children’s performances and concert series, storytimes, and so much more.
In celebration of this breadth of programming, and the vital role our Town and citizens play in our success, we hosted
our inaugural Love Your Library celebration in October. We were so fortunate to have the support of so many town
organizations, local businesses, authors and community members. Our hope is to carry on the feeling and sentiment
of LYL Day throughout the year.
The Town provides approximately 70% of our annual operating budget. We must privately raise the remaining 30%,
which this year amounts to $458,000.
We need your help to ensure the Ridgefield Library continues to offer a wide range of collections, superior programs,
state-of-the-art technology, and a stellar staff. We are reaching out today to ask for your support of our Annual Appeal this
year. We depend on the ongoing financial support of the community to fulfill our mission of providing lifelong learning for
all in our community, and to maintain the outstanding quality of our Library.
Thank you for your generous support. You are vital to our success.
Contact: Laureen Bubniak, Director of Development, 203-438-2282 x11029 firstname.lastname@example.org
Your financial contribution helps the Library continue as a community leader providing outstanding opportunities for all!
Here are a few of the things your gift helps to make possible.
Culture, Programs & Creativity: Thousands of people benefit from the experiences the Library offers. Every day of the week all ages come through our doors and find new friends, education, stimulation and creativity through programs, from story times to scholarly discussion series - and beyond. Your Library can take you on adventures and cultural experiences locally and around the world.
Technology: Your Library is a technology hub for the community. The new facility greatly expands available services benefitting users of all ages, including training and instruction to support your use of the Library from home or on site and to make your virtual experience come alive.
Collections: The Ridgefield Library is a treasure filled with materials addressing every age and taste in every format, from easy readers to large print, books on CD, downloadable audio and eBooks; magazines, videos, music and more. Your investment in collections will help make it a welcoming, exciting and resourceful place for all.
Your Library Team: When it comes right down to it, nothing can replace the importance of relationships. The Ridgefield Library provides superior, personal customer service, meeting the needs of all out patrons. Professional librarians assist children, teens and adults with research, instruction, homework help, reading recommendations and more. These people are what bring your Library alive and make a difference to so many!
Please Help your Library: Here's How
- Donations of all levels are most appreciated and are recognized in various categories.
- Donors making a total annual contribution to the Annual Appeal of $1,000 and more become members of the Ridgefield Library Guardian Society. Learn more.
- Gifts may be made as a one-time payment by check or credit card. Click here for a Donation Form to print and mail.
- Click here to make a secure online Annual Appeal donation (one-time or recurring payment) by credit card.
- Our Sustained Giving plan allows you to make recurring payments to fulfill your commitment over several installments. Pledging a monthly payment to the Annual Appeal or other giving program allows donors to increase their commitment while still managing their cash flow. You may arrange for a monthly recurring credit card charge or ask for convenient reminders prior to each installment. Monthly giving arrangements can now be made online at our secure donation site.
- Matching gifts will be counted toward your total giving for the year and recognized accordingly. Learn more.
- The Ridgefield Library is a qualified recipient of donations through many Workplace Giving programs. Learn more.
- Your Annual Appeal gift may be made as a tribute in memory or honor some someone special. Learn more.
- The Ridgefield Library is pleased to accept gifts of stock or securities, a vehicle or other assets. Learn more.
Ridgefield Library | 472 Main Street, Ridgefield, Connecticut 06877 | 203-438-2282 | Directions
- Catalog & Collections
- Using the Library
- Research & Reference
- Reader's Resources
- News & Events
- About the Library