Catalog & Collections
The Bibliomation Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) is your portal to the nearly 115,000 print and media holdings of the Ridgefield Library, along with digital collections and resource- sharing opportunities. Traditional library materials such as picture books and bestselling novels are joined by audiobooks in an array of emerging formats, a wide selection of topical and general interest periodicals, large print books, documentary and entertainment DVDs and even Kill-a-Watt electricity use monitors!
Accessible remotely anytime, anywhere, the OPAC unleashes possibilities barely hinted at in the old-fashioned card catalog. Not finding what you need in our local collection? Spread your search across the state with one easy click.
Looking for a mobile-device-friendly version of our catalog? Try the Biblio app, which offers convenient access to the holdings of the Ridgefield Library and our Bibliomation partners in a format designed for smartphones and other personal devices. Find out how to download this handy app, which also gives you specially formatted versions of our event calendar and other resources.
Contact: Adult Services Desk 203-438-2282 x12004 firstname.lastname@example.org
TIP: Always check our catalog or submit your request for an item locally first, as Bibliomation and iCONN catalogs may not reflect real-time holdings, availability or borrowing restrictions.
- Search by title, author, subject, series or keyword. Limit results by material type or format, such as large print or videorecording.
- Sort results by author, title or publication date
- Colorful cover art
- Special icons to identify formats such as DVD or book on CD
- Live links to electronic content such as downloadable audiobooks or ebooks
- Easy cross-reference to other works by an author or on the same topic
- “List” feature to create your own lists of books to read or share
- Simple online process to reserve an item not currently available (have your library card handy)
Access the Bibliomation Catalog from the same website location
- Seamless access to the holdings of 60 member libraries in our Bibliomation network
- Search a specific library or all Bibliomation libraries at once from one convenient search screen, or widen your search to the global catalog with one simple step
- Request many items for pick-up in Ridgefield without filling out separate request forms
As of May 15, 2015, the iCONN statewide catalog (also known as reQuest) is being eliminated. A new version of this service is in development and should be up and running sometime in the fall.
Lack of this resource means that acquiring material from other libraries may take longer than usual, and we may not be able to fulfill all requests. Book clubs: Please allow extra time for processing of your requests for multiple copies for your group.
For assistance with reference inquiries, contact the Adult Services Desk at 203-438-2282 x12004. For assistance with Inter-Library Loan, contact Karen Kazzi at 203-438-2282 x11011.
Ridgefield Library | 472 Main Street, Ridgefield, Connecticut 06877 | 203-438-2282 | Directions
- Catalog & Collections
- Using the Library
- Research & Reference
- Reader's Resources
- News & Events
- About the Library