21 Governor Street, Ridgefield, CT (203) 438-2282
Mailing Address: 472 Main Street, Ridgefield, CT 06877
Mon. - Thurs. 9-7 Fri. Sat. 9-5 Sun 1-5
Catalog & Collections
The Bibliomation Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) is your portal to the nearly 115,000 print and media holdings of the Ridgefield Library, along with digital collections and resource- sharing opportunities. Traditional library materials such as picture books and bestselling novels are joined by audiobooks in an array of emerging formats, a wide selection of topical and general interest periodicals, large print books, documentary and entertainment DVDs and even Kill-a-Watt electricity use monitors!
Accessible remotely anytime, anywhere, the OPAC unleashes possibilities barely hinted at in the old-fashioned card catalog. Not finding what you need in our local collection? Spread your search across the state or across the world with one easy click.
Upcoming Computer Maintenance Will Affect Library Services POSTPONED TO A NEW DATE TBA
All main Library computer systems, including the catalog, will be offline from 6:00 PM on Saturday, March 16 through 9:00 AM on Monday, March 18 for a scheduled upgrade. Find out how this will affect you.
Contact: Reference Desk 203-438-228 x1003 or x1014 firstname.lastname@example.org
TIP: Always check our catalog or submit your request for an item locally first, as Bibliomation and iCONN catalogs may not reflect real-time holdings, availability or borrowing restrictions.
- Search by title, author, subject, series or keyword. Limit results by material type or format, such as large print or videorecording.
- Sort results by author, title or publication date
- Colorful cover art
- Special icons to identify formats such as DVD or book on CD
- Live links to electronic content such as downloadable audiobooks or ebooks
- Easy cross-reference to other works by an author or on the same topic
- “List” feature to create your own lists of books to read or share
- Simple online process to reserve an item not currently available (have your library card handy)
Access the Bibliomation Catalog from the same website location
- Seamless access to the holdings of 50 member libraries in our Bibliomation network
- Search a specific library or all Bibliomation libraries at once from one convenient search screen, or widen your search to the global catalog with one simple step
- Request many items for pick-up in Ridgefield without filling out separate request form
- Search holdings of hundreds of public, school and academic libraries across the state at one time through iCONN, “Connecticut’s research engine”
- Search by specific material type or format
- Locate and search the catalog of a specific library
- Get map and directions to a holding library
- Initiate Inter-Library Loan requests
- Search 1.4 billion items available at 10,000 libraries worldwide
- Locate the nearest libraries that own elusive items
- Added content such as reader reviews
- Make lists and create bibliographies in approved citation styles
- Accessible via cell phone and other mobile devices
Ridgefield Library | 21 Governor Street, Ridgefield, Connecticut 06877 | 203-438-2282 | Mailing Address is 472 Main Street, Ridgefield | Directions
- Catalog & Collections
- Using the Library
- Research & Reference
- Reader's Resources
- News & Events
- About the Library