21 Governor Street, Ridgefield, CT (203) 438-2282
Mailing Address: 472 Main Street, Ridgefield, CT 06877
Mon. - Thurs. 9-7 Fri. Sat. 9-5 Sun 1-5
News & Events
Note: During the construction of the New Ridgefield Library we will continue to offer a wide mix of educational and cultural programs. These will take place both in our interim location and, thanks to the many local organizations that have offered to partner with the Library during this transition period, out and about in our community. Although some programs such as the Hollister Film series will not continue during construction, many more will go on as before, including book discussions, lectures, talks, live music and more. Stay tuned! Many programs will take place in the Program Room at our temporary location at 21 Governor Street in Ridgefield.
Check here for a full calendar listing of programs and events and their locations.
Ridgefield Remembers the Civil War - The Library joins with numerous other community organizations from January through June 2013 to present activities and events in commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the Civil War. Learn more about the many upcoming programs for all ages.
- The Nonfictioneers will meet in the Program Room at Governor Street usually on the first Tuesday of the month at 7:15 PM.
- Murder by the Book will meet on the first Thursday of the month at 11:15 AM in the Program Room at Governor Street
- The Memoir Writing Group will meet from the first Saturday in October from 1:00 to 3:00 PM in the Program Room at Governor Street.
- The Shutterbugs photography group will meet outside our Governor Street location and then go off on field trips at the earlier time of 9:00 AM on the second Saturday of the month.
- The Critics’ Circle Book Group will meet at our Program Room on the third Tuesday of the month at 7:15 PM.
- The Writers Guild will be changing the day of their meeting to the third Thursday of the month at Governor Street.
- Books and Breakfast will meet on the second Monday of each month at 10:30 AM in the Garden Room of the Keeler Tavern Museum.
- The AM Book Group will meet on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 11:15 AM in the Program Room at Governor Street.
- The Poetry Discussion Group will meet on the third Friday of the month at 1 PM in the Program Room at Governor Street.
- Unfortunately we will be unable to screen the Hollister Film Series at our temporary location.
Ridgefield Library @ The Aldrich:
- Ridgefield Folk: The Edna Project with Liz Queler and Seth Farber
Sunday, April 21, 2013, 2 PM
@ The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum, 258 Main Street, Ridgefield
Free thanks to the Friends of the Library. Tickets available from 1 PM at the door on the day of the show
Ridgefield Library @ The Keeler Tavern Museum
- Books and Breakfast Meetings
Second Monday of the Month from 10:30 to 11:30
@ Keeler Tavern Museum, 132 Main Street, Ridgefield
Ridgefield Library @ The Ridgefield Playhouse
@ The Ridgefield Playhouse, 80 East Ridge
Click here for a full listing of programs and events that the Library is co-sponsoring with the Playhouse.
Ridgefield Library @ Other Locations
- The Aldrich | Keeler Tavern Museum | The Community Center | First Congregational Church | Temple Shearith Israel | The Playhouse
Astro4Girls & their Families
Saturday, April 27th, 3:00-5:00pm
Drumming About You
Saturday, April 27th, 11:30-12:15
LEGO Green City Challenge Robotics
Sundays, April 28th, May 19th & June 2nd
Stories from Civil War Times with Joyce Rayno
Friday, May 3rd, 4:15-5:00
Ages 6 and up
Farmer Minor and Daisy the Pig Visit the Library
Saturday, May 11th, 11:00-11:45
Jester Jim Beat Boxing Fun
Saturday, May 11th, 11:00-11:45am
Ages 5 and up.
Reading is a Family Affair Book Discussion
Monday, May 20th, 6:30-8:00pm
Grade 3 -5 with an adult
Sign with Your Baby
Thursday, May 23rd, 10:00-11:00
Birth - age 2
Alternate Tuesdays, beginning in September, 4:00 - 5:00. CS Program Room
Grades 6 - 8
Come talk about whatever books you've been reading lately, while enjoying snacks.
High School Critics
Certain Saturdays 12:30 - 1:30. CS Program Room
Grades 9 - 12
Come talk about books, movies, games, music...whatever media you've been enjoying lately. There is usually pie.
In the News
New York Times (Times Are Tough, Libraries Are Thriving)
The Ridgefield Library was recently featured in the New York Times. More
For additional news, check out our In the News page
Ridgefield Library | 21 Governor Street, Ridgefield, Connecticut 06877 | 203-438-2282 | Mailing Address is 472 Main Street, Ridgefield | Directions
- Catalog & Collections
- Using the Library
- Research & Reference
- Reader's Resources
- News & Events
- About the Library