Connecticut libraries have a strong tradition of resource sharing. As part of Bibliomation, the Ridgefield Library offers easy access to information about the collections of over 60 other member public libraries. Historically, we have also been able to provide online access to the holdings of other libraries beyond the Bibliomation network, so we can expand our reach to the 169 towns in Connecticut and to many schools and colleges as well. When local resources fail, our ILL specialist seeks out sources for your special requests across the country and even around the globe.
This resource sharing has been made possible in the past principally by services provided by the Connecticut State Library. Starting in 2016, several parts of this statewide system are being re-designed and re-branded for better and more cost-effective operation. This has resulted in some temporary interruptions in some of these services. Please see below for how this may affect you as a Ridgefield Library cardholder.
Contact: Karen Kazzi 203-438-2282 x 11011 email@example.com
deliverIT CT Inter-Library Delivery Service
If you are not able to find what you want on our shelves or in our catalog, fill out a request card or inquire about Inter-Library Loan. You may also submit a purchase suggestion by email. Please include title, author, publication date and any additional information you know.
As of July 1, new guidelines have been issued by the Connecticut State Library for inter-library loan service facilitated by the deliverIT transport system.
- Ridgefield Library cardholders are asked to limit themselves to 5 simultaneous requests for items not owned by the Ridgefield Library.
- Items owned by other Connecticut libraries for less than 6 months (in general, newly released titles) are not available for inter-library loan.
- At this time, we receive delivery/pick-up approximately twice a week, so please be patient and allow extra time for fulfillment of your requests.
- You may elect to travel to another library, in a neighboring community or elsewhere across the state, to pick up a book from their building through the borrowIT CT service. To take advantage of this privilege (formerly known as Connecticard or C-Card), you must bring with you an unexpired full-size Ridgefield Library card (not the keychain version). Ask at the Circulation Desk for assistance. Our staff can guide you in locating and confirming availability. For your convenience, please see the links to the catalogs of nearby libraries at right.
- Staff will also be happy to help you find alternatives, such as digital copies of some titles, or discussion titles available in our Book Club Corner.
Ridgefield Library staff members are happy to help you at any time to obtain desired items as quickly as possible. Do not hesitate to ask for our assistance!
findIT CT Statewide Catalog
As of May 15, 2015, the statewide catalog formerly known as iConn or reQuest has been eliminated. A new version of this service, to be known as findIT CT, is in development and should be up and running sometime in the late 2016.
Lack of this resource means that acquiring material from other libraries may take longer than usual, and we may not be able to fulfill all requests. Book clubs: Please allow extra time for processing of your requests for multiple copies for your group.
Ridgefield Library | 472 Main Street, Ridgefield, Connecticut 06877 | 203-438-2282 | Directions
- Catalog & Collections
- Using the Library
- Research & Reference
- Reader's Resources
- News & Events
- About the Library