In accordance with the guidance from the Town of Ridgefield, the State of CT and the CDC, beginning on Tuesday, June 1st, masks will continue to be required of any person entering the Library who is not fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Masks will be required of everyone entering and using the Lodewick Children’s Library. Masks will be optional for individuals entering the Library who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In line with the Town of Ridgefield, we will not be asking for proof of vaccination. We ask all members of our community to be respectful and considerate.
The health and safety of our community and staff remains our most important service priority. Please see the Library Services FAQs for complete service details and to plan your visit.
We are excited to return to our regular Library Hours beginning on June 1st:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10am-8pm
- Friday 10am-6pm
- Saturday 9am-5pm
- Closed Sundays for the Summer
Here are more changes that you will notice, beginning on June 1st:
- Overall building capacity limits will be lifted.
- There will no longer be time limits on Library visits.
- There will no longer be appointments or capacity limits for visiting the Children’s Library, but everyone entering the Children’s Library must wear a CDC conforming mask that fully covers the nose and mouth.
- Seating will be available throughout the Library.
- Computer sessions will be returned to the regular limit of 3-hours/day.
- Study Rooms will be available on a drop-in basis. Appointments for Study Rooms will not yet be available.
- Technology Center & STEAM Corner will be available.
- Passport Appointments are being offered, more information here: https://ridgefieldlibrary.org/services/in-the-library/passports/
There are still some services which will not yet be available:
- No food/drink in the Library.
- Meeting Rooms are not yet available for reservation.
As pandemic conditions improve and vaccination roll-out continues we will be adding in-Library services, programs and lift remaining restrictions. This will be done with the guidance of local, state and federal authorities and our staff management.
We also understand that each person has individual needs and health concerns. The Library will continue to offer all of our popular Virtual Library services, including online programming for all ages; online individual research and technology support; access to our expanded digital collection, including our newest streaming service, Kanopy; Personalized Book Bundles; LiveChat on our website during open hours; and remote access to our catalog and Library card account services.
Patrons wishing to utilize the Contactless Lobby Pickup service for requested materials are asked to either reply to their “Hold Materials Ready for Pick-up” email or to call the Circulation Team at 203-438-2282 ext.12003, to arrange for a Lobby Pickup.
We are also here to help you by phone or email during open Library hours:
- Adult Services: 203-438-2282 ext.12004 or [email protected]
- Children’s Services: 203-438-2282 ext.12002 or [email protected]
- Circulation Department: 203-438-2282 ext.12003 or [email protected]
- Teen Services: 203-438-2282 ext.11004 or [email protected]
Our outdoor book drop is open 24/7 for the return of Library materials. Our indoor book drop is also available during open Library Hours. The Library will no longer be quarantining returned materials. While we have not been charging overdue fines on most Ridgefield Library-owned materials during this challenging time, we do ask that you return materials on time so that others may enjoy them. Please Note: Fines on overdue materials will be re-instated on July 1, 2021.
We are excited to take these safe steps forward. We will continue to communicate with email updates, so please be sure to join our email list, and check our website www.ridgefieldlibrary.org for current information. Thank you for your patience and support through these challenging times.