Check our calendar regularly as we are always adding new programs and events for you! All programs are free and open to the public, though programs with limited space grant preference to Ridgefield residents.
Policies & Expectations
- Registration programs are first come, first served, but preference is given to Ridgefield residents.
- Sign-ups for registration programs begin on the first of the month prior to the scheduled program; for example, registration for programs that are scheduled in September begins August 1st.
- Register in-person, by calling the Children’s Library at 203-438-2282 x12002, or through our online event calendar.
Photos & Videos
- Photos and video may be taken of children’s programs for use in Library publicity and documentation, including on our website and social media. If you prefer not to have your child’s image used, please notify the staff member running the program.
- Both child and adult are expected to participate in programs for children with an adult or programs designated as “family programs.”
- Caregivers with children under age 6 must remain in the Lodewick Children’s Library during the time their child is in a program.
- Caregivers with children age 6 to 11 are requested to remain in the building during their child’s program.
- Click Here for our Unattended Child Policy.
- If the Ridgefield Public Schools have a delayed opening or close due to inclement weather, the Library cancels or reschedules all children’s programs scheduled during the schools’ closure.
- The Library makes weather closing decisions independently of the schools or town agencies.
- See our full cancellation policy here.