April 1st through May 31st: The Ridgefield Library is pleased to join in the announcement of a local author contest that will accept submissions of adult and young adult fiction, to be recognized as the top indie-published eBooks in Connecticut.
Winners in each category will receive $1,000 as well as:
- Honors at the 2023 Indie Author Day Reception
- Opportunities to promote the winning title at Connecticut public libraries
- Inclusion in a full-page spread in Library Journal, one of America’s oldest and most renowned trade publications for library news
- Opportunities to earn royalties through the IAP Select collection (ePUB format required for eligibility)
The creation of the Connecticut Author Project gives librarians the chance to engage with a growing group of fresh literary voices and an opportunity to play an active role in the discovery and promotion of new works. For indie-published authors, the contest is a terrific way to elevate their careers and expand their readership.
Each book that is submitted to the contest must be:
- In the category of adult or young adult fiction
- Written by a Connecticut resident
- Available in either ePUB (strongly encouraged) or PDF format
The contest will accept submissions from April 1, 2023 through May 31, 2023. Authors can submit at https://indieauthorproject.librariesshare.com/connecticut/
Join us for an exciting schedule of in-person author talks in April. Talks are held in the Main Program room on the Library’s Lower Level and begin at 7:00pm. For more information and to register, please click the dates below.
Tuesday, April 11th — LeBron, Jeff Benedict
Wednesday, April 19th — Next! The Power of Reinvention in Life and Work, Joanne Lipman
Thursday, April 20th — The Partnership: George Marshall, Henry Stimson and the Extraordinary Collaboration That Won World War II, Edward Farley Aldrich
Wednesday, April 26th — American Ramble: A Walk of Memory and Renewal, Neil King
Our partners, Books on the Common, will have copies of books available for sale and signing.
Stop by the Library’s Lower Level for the Friends of the Ridgefield Library Big Book Sales. Children’s Sale runs May 5-7 and the General Sale is May 12-15. Learn more here.